Call for Expression of Interest for External Audit Services
Management Solutions for Africa (MS4A) is a woman-led consulting firm that provides management services in the area of payroll management, development services and NGO school. Registered in October 2009.
Management Solutions for Africa (MS4A) in a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission and compliance with relevant laws of the country, is seeking the provision of the statutory external audit services for the years 2021 to 2021 from a reputable audit firm.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Auditor
The external auditor shall be required to perform risk based audits, compliance audits and performance based audits.
Roles, duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Conducting independent audits of MS4A operations in line with International Standards on Auditing and International Financial Reporting Standard;
- Expressing an opinion on whether the financial statements are prepared, in all material respects, in accordance with the applicable financial reporting standards and frameworks, whether MS4A has maintained proper books of accounts, and whether the accompanying financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position and performance of the organization;
- Reviewing and evaluating MS4A internal control system and advising Management and the Board on adequacy/effectiveness of the system and proposals for its improvements;
- Assessing utilization of resources for effectiveness, efficiency and economy as well as identification of opportunities for improvement;
- Ensuring the organization adheres to corporate governance requirements and legislation that govern the organization;
Required Profile of the Audit Firm
Bidding firms will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Be registered with a recognized Professional Accounting Body and must hold a current Practicing License;
- Should have been in operation for a period of at least five years. Alternatively, the Managing Partner of the firm should possess a minimum of Ten (10) Practical Audit Experience;
- Should demonstrate that it has the capacity, capability and experience required to undertake the audit within required time lines.
Request for Proposal Submission
Firms meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their proposals in a sealed envelope as follows:
- a) Technical Proposal containing:
- Confirmation of the firm’s understanding of the Terms of Reference (TORs) and its capacity and capability to deliver on the TORs;
- The methodology, work-plan and timelines for undertaking and completing the assignment, and the deliverables;
- Appropriate references to demonstrate the experience specified in the TOR;
- The CVs of key staff proposed to carry out the assignment
1. b) Financial Proposal indicating the proposed fees for a regular audit and any incidental expenses.
- c) Other Requirements
- Proof of registration with accounting body and copies of Partners’ Practicing Certificates;
- Confirmation that the firm and/or its partners and key staff are not aware of any conflict of interest which may exist with respect to MS4A.
- A list of clients for which the firm has performed similar assignments
Evaluation of Proposals
Submitted proposals will be evaluated by MS4A Management and will take into consideration, the following evaluation criteria:
- The audit firm is independent and has no conflict of interest with regard to any other work performed by the firm for MS4A.
- The firm adheres to the instructions in this call.
- The firm’s or the Managing Partner qualifications, experience, size and location.
- The firm’s or the Managing Partner past experience and performance on comparable external audit engagement Related Posts
- Adequacy of Audit Approach, including the specific approach to the entity wide review of internal controls and the risk assessment model
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send in their application through MS4Africa website: https://ms4africa.com/jobs or Click here to directly access the application form
Monday, January 24, 2022