URGENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FOR AFRICA LIMITED (MS4A) – ASSISTANT CULINARY CHEF
Management Solution for Africa Limited (MS4A) is seeking for applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Assistant Culinary Chef
Position: Assistant Culinary Chef
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Abuja
Key Duties & Responsibilities of Assistant Culinary Chef
- S/he will assist in preparing, and presentation of meals and dishes in ways that suit the requirements or orders that are placed by staff.
- S/he will assist in the preparation of specific meals like salads, desserts, and pastries for staff and meetings
- S/he will assist in determining the quantity of food that will be needed within a particular time frame.
- S/he will also assist in adjustments to the menu based on the availability of food items or the current season.
- S/he will assist in regularly cleaning and sanitizing work equipment like fryers and various kitchen surfaces.
- S/he will be willing to work at odd hours, like very early in the morning to prepare meals for the day, and to clean-up after the day’s work.
- S/he will assist in ensuring that that the kitchen is well-organized at all times.
- S/he will assist in ensuring that the food is prepared as fast as possible and that a standard taste-level is maintained.
- S/he will assist in maintaining records, places necessary orders, and makes sure that food safety standards are adhered to.
- S/he will make sure that all the set standard are adhere to
- S/he will assist in initiating new ideas either in cooking methods or in service delivery.
- S/he will assist in organizing training for group of people on catering service from time to time
- S/he will also assist to cook for official meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Culinary and Hospitality Management or its equivalent in any social science or related fields
- A minimum of one (1) year previous work experience in catering
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, July 28th, 2022.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.