URGENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FOR AFRICA LIMITED (MS4A)
Management Solution for Africa Limited (MS4A) is currently managing a payroll system for a USAID funded project in Abuja. MS4A is seeking applications from qualified chartered accountant to fill in the position of Internal Audit Officer support the management of this payroll system.
MS4A is interested in hiring an Internal Audit Officer who has worked in the private sectors, in private Audit firms, Commercial Banks, Microfinance bank, legitimate Investment companies and financial Institutions. WEWE encourages applicants who want to change from working in the private sector to working in the Non For-Profit sector and specifically with a USAID funded project.
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Abuja
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Internal Audit Officer
- The Internal Audit Officer will assist to contribute in the improvement of MS4A control processes, risk management, and governance.
- Assist to carry out pre and post-review of all financial expenditures.
- Assist to perform monthly reviews and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Assist to ensure that MS4A assets are safeguarded.
- Assist to ensure that inventory record is up-to-date, complete, and accurate
- Assist MS4A in carrying out risk identification and timely reporting to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the timely investigation of all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Assist to prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document process
- Assist to document the process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Assist to conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Assist to engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Assist in periodically carrying out Fraud Awareness and Preventing training for staff
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second-class upper/Upper credit
- Must be a full member of ICAN or equivalent
- At least 2 – 4 years’ experience in an audit firm managing similar responsibilities
- Must have experience in participating in statutory audits
- Must be very strong in report writing – i.e., evidence that they have led audit assignments and have been the ones writing the final audit report for their audit firm.
- Must have experience writing quarterly audit reports to the board
- Be proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and quick books accounting software.
- Experience in private sectors such as Banks, Microfinance Bank, Audit firm, Investment companies and Financial Institutions will be an added advantage
- Experience working in a private Audit firm, Commercial Banks, Microfinance bank, legitimate Investment companies and financial Institutions is an added advantage.
Salary: Between N100,000.00 – N150,000.00
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job in email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, November 25th, 2022
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.