URGENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FOR AFRICA LIMITED (MS4A)
On behalf of our client, Management Solutions for Africa Limited (MS4A) is recruiting for a qualified female to fill the position of a Matron.
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Abuja.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Matron
- She will be managing and supervising a group of children
- She will provide a daily monitoring of the overall nutritional situation of the children
- She will monitor the children’s welfare
- She must be aware of child protection and safety
- She will provide regular update on the nutritional situation of the children
- She will draw up weekly/monthly nutrition and activity plan for the children
- She will create and maintain close communication relationship between the children and external parties
- She will ensure timely and effective treatment or referral of the children as the need arises
- She will find out the problem areas of the children, discuss such problem areas with her supervisor and develop a practical solution to these problem areas
- She will develop and maintain a database and reports of the children
- She must maintain confidential reports of the children and others
- She will be responsible for the general health and well-being of the children
- She will take care for any of the children who fall sick
- She will maintain the children’s personal medical records and ensure they are stored securely as directed.
- She will respond to medical emergencies as well as routine appointments, including escorting any of the children to the Hospital.
- She will promote healthy eating habits and regular exercise among the children
- She must notify her supervisor of any medical concerns that arise during the course of her duty
- She will complete a range of domestic tasks as required, such as the mending of clothes, ironing, laundry and cleaning
- She will ensure all communal areas used by the children and others are tidy and clean always
- She will on a daily basis, ensure that rooms are tidy and aired each morning, beds are made and the children and other personal effects are adequately secured
- She will encourage a safe and healthy environment for the children
- She will perform housekeeping duties
- She will lead weekend activities and daily devotional time for the children
- And perform any other task(s) that may be assigned to her by her supervisor
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Any relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least 15 – 20 years demonstrable experience in working with children in any relevant capacity, such as a retired Teacher, retired Nurse, Head of Children Department or counsellor of any full Gospel/Bible believing Pentecostal church.
- Must be a born again Christian from a Pentecostal full Gospel/Bible believing Church with any of the following certificates: Baptismal Certificate, Foundation Class Certificate, Discipleship Certificate, Maturity Class Certificate, Bible School Certificate or any equivalent.
- A caring disposition and an empathy with and understanding of young people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and be emotionally resilient
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage work
- Ability to offer a high level of pastoral care to pupils
- A good sense of humour and residential care
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job in email@example.com
Monday, May 15th, 2023
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.