URGENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FOR AFRICA LIMITED (MS4A)
Management Solution For Africa Limited (MS4A) is a business development consulting firm that is currently handling payroll for a USAID-funded project covering seven (7) states and it is seeking applications from talented qualified and God-fearing candidates to fill the positions of Finance Officer
Position: Finance Officer
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Abuja
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Payroll Management and Financial Report
- S/he will prepare monthly payroll for staff
- S/he will prepare monthly fund request
- S/he will prepare payment memos and vouchers
- S/he will maintain the book of accounts and records
- S/he will review monthly expenditure reports
- S/he will facilitate the timely payment of salaries and associated deductions
- S/he will prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested
- S/he will prepare Tax Deductions and Remittance
- S/he will prepare and remit pension for all staff
- S/he will facilitate tax clearance for staff
- S/he will ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions
- S/he will prepare the necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- S/he will prepare proposal budgets for USAID and other international donors
C. Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- S/he will provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (correspondence, travel arrangements, appointments, receipts/reimbursement requests, etc.)
- S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director
- S/he will maintain the calendar and schedule appointments for the Executive Director
- S/he will set up for meetings
- S/he will prepare a travel expenses report
- S/he will prepare an expense report
- S/he will review Team agreements
- S/he will manage confidential matters
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in post-NYSC work experience in a private audit firm
- Proficient in the use of Quick book accounting software will be an added advantage
- Must be good in the use of computers and particularly the use of accounting software
- Quick at responding to emails and voice calls
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in working with the welfare department in a faith-based Church, working with widows, orphans, and vulnerable children.
- Experience in proposal writing
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- A caring disposition and empathy with an understanding of young people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and be emotionally resilient
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage work
- Proficiency in working with ICT systems, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. R will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Additional professional certifications (ICAN, ACCA, or any other recognized certification) will be an added advantage and strongly preferred
- 1 /Upper credit division will be an added advantage and strongly preferred
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years post NYSC NGO accounting and finance experience.
- Working knowledge of Quick-book accounting package or another accounting software
- Experience managing NGO-funded project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to develop financial budgets and reports for donors
Salary Range: Kindly note that the Finance officer will be given a monthly fixed salary of N150,000 to N190,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira – One Hundred and Ninety Thousand Naira Only) subject to previous salary history.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job to email@example.com on or before Tuesday, February 6, 2024.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
Recruitment will be done on a rolling basis and once we have identified our preferred candidate we will close the recruitment, therefore you are encouraged to submit our application as soon as possible.
Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
About Management Solutions for Africa (MS4A)
MS4A was a duly registered private company with RC 851518 on October 27, 2009. MS4A is a business development consulting firm that provides services to start-up NGOs on new business development and resource mobilization, project management, and proposal development, linking NGOs to donor grants, and facilitating NGO start-ups www.ms4africa.com
To develop the capacity of a group of credible NGOs in Africa, to be able to access funds and resources to provide care and support for vulnerable groups in our society.
To help NGOs in Africa develop organizational management structure, procedures, and policies to international standards and to gain mastery of resource mobilization, particularly proposal writing skills, to access millions of donor funds to help the vulnerable groups in society.
To harness hidden talent and gifts of NGOs in Africa through training Start-up NGOs and Management to meet international donor standards and resource mobilization (proposal writing) to access funding to pursue our passion for helping vulnerable groups in society.